IMEGO, the ESS partner responsible for the development of the sensors module which is integrated into the ESS prototype, has been merged with ACREO as from 1/4/2012. Thus IMEGO contribution will appear as ACREO in future activity of the ESS project. Read the official announcement here below:
"Over the years, Imego has built up a world leading expertise within research and application areas regarding MEMS-based inertia sensors, Biosensors, electromagnetic sensors and integrated systems, including wireless networks. Imego also offers the efficient and rapid development of prototype sensors, sensor systems and sensor applications. Together, the businesses will possess a broad range that is strong in the face of international competition. Acreo's current sensor operations consist of research and development into sensors based on micro-and nanotechnology, fibre optics and Printed Electronics. The company has a strong competence within the development of components, modules, integrated systems and sensor networks.
The greatest asset of the merged businesses is its interdisciplinary mix of researchers and technical personnel with modern and purpose-built laboratories, offering a unique resource in Sweden for the development of sensors and sensor systems. Merging Imego's operations with Acreo will result in strengthened research, while the range will be enhanced through a comprehensive and more collaborative expertise within sensor technology.
We are therefore very confident about the future and, together with Acreo, we will now continue to develop our expertise and our marketing initiatives and look forward to our continued cooperation with you.
Imego and Acreo are part of Swedish ICT, a Group consisting of 5 research institutes (the other three are SICS, Interactive Institute and Viktioria Institutet). The Group has a turnover of SEK 428 m (2011) and has approx. 413 employees. Operations are located in Kista, Gothenburg, Norrköping, Piteå, Umeå, Hudiksvall, Eskilstuna, Västerås and Lund.
60 % of Swedish ICT is state-owned through RISE while the remaining 40 % is held by two stakeholder associations with member companies from the industry."